Friday, October 08, 2010

Going Dead Inside, Can't Take It Anymore, Over

Ken Silverstein says goodbye to Washington Babylon:

So as you can tell from all this, I just no longer have the energy to cover Washington. I’ve loved working for Harper’s, but, as I told Mediabistro, “Washington and Washington politics has worn me down. Every time I write a story I feel like I wrote it a year ago and five years ago and 10 years ago. Nothing ever changes here.” I frequently find myself numb to political news and, even worse, to the lifeless, conventional wisdom peddled by the Washington media. When you can read an entire column by the Washington Post’s Howard Kurtz and never once feel the urge to cut out your own heart with a dull knife, you know that you no longer have the sense of outrage that is essential to reporting from our nation’s capital.
Can't say as I blame him one bit.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?