Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Hideous, Mutated

Jeez, barely two weeks ago I innocently mention Gallagher in a post and next thing I know, digby is pointing me to an account of his new act (?) that is really, really final-scene-of-Cabaret sick, sad, and scary. Apparently, he still closes his show by bashing various squirty things with a sledgehammer, but nowadays, he can't make it to this desperate climax without first bashing a lot of non-things: gays, feminists, blacks, Hispanics, foreigners, President Obama, etc. And he's proud of what he's become. And he thinks he's some kind of great truth-telling artist. Seriously: read it and weep.

The reviewer captures my thoughts perfectly: "I cannot believe Bill Hicks is dead and this motherfucker is still touring."


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?