Monday, March 22, 2010

James Randi Steps Out

James "The Amazing" Randi has come out of the closet at age 81. Awesome!

I know it makes not a whit of difference re. the value of his lifetime of work encouraging critical thinking and fighting pseudoscience and chicanery.

It's just good to know that he felt free enough to do it after all these years. In fact, it feels great.

He's done an audio interview that I haven't had a chance to listen to yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

(h/t to my good friend jules, who is probably engaged in the horrid process of moving as I type; at the risk of sounding pseudoscientific, let's all send good vibes her way)


Comments:
*closing my eyes, squeezing my fists, concentrating, making my face and shoulders shake*

*vibrations sent*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?