Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Yes: More Like France, Less Like Paraguay

What do you think of that as a progressive slogan? It occurred to me that that's the sort of thing I'd love to hear a Democratic politician say the next time some right-winger accuses him or her of wanting to turn the U.S. of A into one o' them European-style social democracies with their high standards of living and universal health care and fairer labor policies and greater equality between rich and poor and easier access to higher education and TAXES!!! always with the taxes. Except that I'd feel bad picking on Paraguay, which has never done a thing to me personally. But the rhythm works rather well, I think:

More like France, less like Paraguay!
More like France, less like Paraguay!
More like France, less like Paraguay!

Sing it!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?