Friday, February 12, 2010

Try "Snöwderdämmerüng"

I don't have cable, so I have to catch up with The Daily Show periodically online. When I do, it often makes me laugh, but it rarely makes me roar with laughter like this bit did. The structure is perfect, the execution marvelous; by the time a panicky Jason Jones enters toward the end, the whole thing has become a small masterpiece of media-hysteria satire:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Unusually Large Snowstorm
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis

A favorite detail: the grave, newscasterly conviction with which Aasif Mandvi says "John, I give you frozen water...falling from the sky." These people know their craft!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?