Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Daily Random Flickr Blogging, #2093: Chïmperdämmerung

Free at last!

I'm busy as heck today and haven't had much of a chance to watch the festivities, but I did just see the swearing-in. I have now lived to see (a) George W. Bush finally out of office and (b) the first black President of the United States. It is a good day.

I don't know if it's the weather (freeze warnings tonight even in central Florida), the significance of the day, or what, but this photo started one of my favorite Bob Marley songs running through my head. And since I have nothing funny to say today, let's just imagine an alternate universe where Bob and the I-Threes were around to sing this at the Capitol this morning:

In this life, in this life, in this life,
In this, oh sweet life:
We're (we're coming in from the cold);
We're coming in (coming in), coming in (coming in),
coming in (coming in), coming in (coming in),
Coming in from the cold.
(Image originally uploaded by Sarah_Sally; Random Flickr Blogging invented by Tom Hilton.)

Labels:


Comments:
Indeed it was a good day. Now, let's just hope we're not following in the footsteps of the Franklin Expedition.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?