Saturday, September 27, 2008

Daily Random Flickr Blogging, #8348: Paul Newman Memorial Flickr Blogging

This is true: I'm catching up on some DRFBing, so I was randomly scanning Flickr pages earlier this morning. I ran across this picture of a lonely pasta and salad lunch sitting as if abandoned out in the wilderness, and for some reason (does anyone really understand how this works?) I thought of a church picnic and how surprised the church picnickers might be if something besides themselves was suddenly raptured up into the sky. Then I thought about what odd thing might be missing from the picture, and then I thought of Newman's Own salad dressing (I particularly recommend the Parmesan & Roasted Garlic). And since I found the idea of bottles of a handsome pinko actor's charity business salad dressing being raptured up into the sky reasonably funny, I thought, okay, there's my idea for this one. And then, about half an hour later, I got an email telling me that Paul Newman had died. Yep.

This is for last Thursday, but the appreciation is for all time. Rest in peace, Paul Newman.

And weren't the Assembly of the Lord picnickers surprised when the Newman's Own dressing suddenly floated up into the sky.
(Image originally uploaded by HannahtheRed; Random Flickr Blogging invented by Tom Hilton.)

Labels:


Comments:
RIP, Paul. Strangely enough I had pasta (with pesto made from my basil plants) on Saturday night!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?