Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hey Jules, I Found Your Song

Mytwords over at NPR Check notes that, I'll be damned (but you knew that), this week NPR also noticed the passing of Utah Phillips. I'm pleasantly surprised—something I haven't felt re. NPR in a long time. I'm also pleasantly surprised to be pointed to "The Talking NPR Blues," a song that I know my friend jules can identify with (though she's probably already heard it):

They don't give a damn what we want and need
They've all caved in to corporate greed
And sold us out to the ruling class
Well the whole damn bunch can kiss my… …Dot Com!

This is a family show folks
The FCC says watch your language
English
What's yours?

I got tired of being treated like a veg
So I called up the station and canceled my pledge
In a mighty act of liberation
Sent the money off to my community station

Catch hell from Richard Burton!</zimmerman>


Comments:
Heya nash, thanks! Followed that NPR Check link last week and I saw it. Beautiful. So yesterday morning I heard Scott Simon and Daniel Schorr chatting oh so casually about how it was really nothing new to learn how Bush lied us into a war, and thus the McClellan book is really tired old news. Yeah. That's right. Meanwhile, I kept remembering how Simon derided Robert Jensen and made sure he knew that Saddam was a Bad Man, and surely he must acknowledge blabbity blah blah blah blah.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?