Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Daily Random Flickr Blogging, #4633

But the kidnappers fell out over comma placement, and the ransom note was never sent. "We should put one after the father's name, as it's a proper noun used in direct address." "A comma is optional in such instances." "No, it's necessary to set the elements of direct address off from the actual clause." "It's optional, I tell you!" *guns drawn* *groups scatter*
Cappy the Contact Mine was probably the most underappreciated of World War II mascots, though you do occasionally see him on Antiques Roadshow.
Fun Facts That Earthlings Do Not Yet Know, #127: The Tau Cetian word for planet translates literally as "Caution: Filling May Be Hot."
(Image originally uploaded by PeteBerg, k c m, and Vincent Ma; Random Flickr Blogging invented by Tom Hilton.)

Labels:


Comments:
1.) I can't tell you how many ransom notes I've started that ended up not being used because of similar problems with grammar. Really, I can't tell you.

I mean I could, but then I'd have to kill you.

2.) I believe I saw a collection of Cappy the Contact Mines on the Antiques Roadshow episode from Dallas/Fort Worth. $1000-$1500 for the collection in mint condition. Watch those fingers, though!

3.) I swear, I thought you were capping one of the pictures I took in Hawaii back in April, 1993. I have dozens of pictures just like that from our two visits to Kilauea in the week that we were on the Big Island. Amazing, amazing stuff, that lava. I even poked it with a stick. How can you have more fun than that? You can't.
 
Oh, and I forgot to mention, thanks for the "Caution: Filling May Be Hot" memory!

Ah, New Orleans...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?