Friday, March 14, 2008

Rock of Ageds

Hey, Generik is back in action, and he has up a truly magnificent rant by his brother. Speaking of "classic rock": I confess that I sometimes tune in to our local (as in broadcast from somewhere in Orlando but probably programmed somewhere in Hong Kong) "classic rock" station when I'm in my car. And only when I'm in my car. There is a certain "comfort food" element in hearing the exact same songs I was hearing 2-3 decades ago, I admit. Or do I mean "comfort station"? "Comfort women"? I'm not sure anymore. But y'know the weirdest thing? Pretty much every single time I'm in my car and tune in that station, they play a Boston song. Honestly, I don't remember hearing that much Boston back when this "rock" was "classic." At what point in the past twenty years did Boston get promoted to classic rock archetype? 'cause if I were Journey I would be, like, seriously pissed.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?