Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Happy Birthday to jules! Random Flickr Blogging #5744

I apologize for being absent; I've been really tired and depressed. I don't know if it's holiday depression or what, but it's been draining away most of my sense of humor and my desire to communicate. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up with Flickr blogging, at least, before long. I hereby emerge from my funk long enough, though, to wish my good friend jules a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

For your birthday I got you a copy of Wanda Wao's album I'm Glad to See You.
I also went to that absurdist flea market over in Orlando and got you a chain link vase. Sorry, all they had was 9-gauge.
It was too big to fit in the car, but I really wanted to get you this cool kinetic sculpture. When you blow into it, the air goes around the curlicues and inflates a balloon, which trips a lever, which releases a ball, which rolls down a spiral chute and hits a mouse, which makes the mouse run, which makes a cat watching the mouse run, which pulls a string attached to the cat, which pulls a pin up an incline until it pops a balloon that was holding up a small weight, which drops onto a teeter-totter, causing a ball to fly through the air and hit a striker attached to a flint, causing sparks to fly out and light a fuse attached to a rocket, which whooshes away, pulling out a sign saying "Happy Birthday!" Well, it's more fun to watch than it is to describe, really.
Wow, they never should have introduced Ross Perot to that succubus.
"This is not my beautiful cave."
He once had an entire replica of a medieval Japanese castle torn down because the builders had used nails that were not historically authentic. When he was alive, lemme tell ya, you did not want to go to Home Depot with Akira Kurosawa.
Celebrate your birthday with some Bratwurst a la Gitmo. Mmmm.
(Images originally uploaded by lmh5107, tomek z grottgera, fiderweb, Tony Sinatra, Focus Photo, luckycerics, and chinhdangvu; Random Flickr Blogging explained here.)

Labels:


Comments:
ROTFLMAO! Thank you, Nash!!!

Uncle Walter Cronkite gave me a very nice present as well...
 
Good lord, that's one hell of a nice bunch of gifts there! I especially enjoyed the Rube Goldberg description and Ross Perot and the cave... but really, they're all gems. You certainly haven't lost the funny, nash. Hope your spirits are lifted soon.
 
Is that a succubus, or a kitty in a wig?
 
Sorry you've been down...been going through some hard times myself. For whatever it's worth, your RFB posts are always hilarious (and this is no exception).
 
Hang in there. Whatever you do, don't isolate yourself.

Trust me, I've been there.

On the other hand - Wow! Didn't hamper your creativity.

Loved the Perot reference.

All Good!
 
I'm always glad to see when you've put a set of these up -- they're gifts to us, too, as great as they are! I'm just sorry I didn't get the link up sooner.

I need one of those kinetic sculptures rigged up so that I would have to operate it in order to feed myself. Making my way into the kitchen and opening the refrigerator door is not nearly complex enough to deter me, and the result has been as you might expect.
 
Thank y'all for your kind thoughts and comments. I appreciate it very much. </prince of space>

That was indeed a nice present from Uncle Walter, jules. Too bad the old gentleman had to witness two such national nightmares in his lifetime -- but then I guess that the same could be said of lots of us.

I'm thinking we should build a kinetic sculpture between Bush and a war with Iran. Can we make it complicated enough that he can't possibly operate it before he leaves office?
 
Can we make it complicated enough that he can't possibly operate it before he leaves office?

An ON/OFF switch should be sufficiently complicated for chimp.

Oh, and the reaction from the MSM wrt Uncle Walter's Op-Ed? Crickets.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?