Sunday, August 12, 2007

Daily Random Flickr Blogging, #0181 (2)

For the past week or so I've been using a new method. Since there's sometimes five digits' worth of results pages for each IMG_ number, I've taken to looking at the total number of results (given on the first search page) and dividing by 24 (the number of photos on each full page) to get the total number of pages for that IMG_ number; then, I use my random number generator to pull two- or three-digit numbers (whichever is appropriate), one at a time, and whenever one of those is within the range of available pages, I go to it. I look only at pages supplied by the random number generator. One nice consequence of this new method is that I usually wind up looking at pages from all over the available range (and I've seen numbers with almost a thousand pages of photos) rather than just a few at the beginning. Sometimes this results in a flood of promising photos; sometimes it doesn't. Today was a bit rough—and it was also my first repeat number. Whether the results were worth it or not, I dunno, but if not, hey, you can have your free back.

By odd cross-cultural coincidence, the Vitarka Mudrā is also the international symbol for "When."
(Image originally uploaded by privin; Random Flickr Blogging invented by Tom Hilton.)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?